This is my favourite place to stay when I am in Whistler. I am extremely picky so please keep that in mind while reading my review.
The location is fantastic. It is right across the street from the Old Spaghetti Factory, and a short walk around the corner to the heart of the village. There is a bar at one end of the hotel but I never had any problems with noise as long as the windows were closed. The valet was great with my car and even left us a complimentary water bottle. This was my second visit and it was fantastic. Unfortunately, on the first night there I got very ill and was unable to leave my room for the rest of the trip. But this gives me an opportunity to talk in detail about the room itself.
My boyfriend and I were here for our 3 year anniversary trip and we stayed in the 1 bedroom loft. I think it was room 302. We had requested a mountain view room and the front desk made sure it happened – and they delivered. It was simply gorgeous.
– The room has STAIRS! How cool is that?!
– PS3 in room
– Excellent cable package
– Extremely clean. I have no complaints about mess at all.
– The view
– Rainfall shower head (glorious)
– Comfortable bed
– Private balcony
– Tons of great toiletries
– The staff!!!
– Complimentary wifi that works very well
– The bathroom needs minor renovations. The door is cracked all along the bottom, as well as the frame. Also a few of the streams in the shower head were not functioning.
– The door to the balcony screamed like nails on a chalkboard every time we opened. It probably just needs oiling. Not a big deal.
– The temperature control system is very confusing and no guide on this. Lots of trial and error. But these things are always confusing in my opinion.
– I have no idea why they are using two top sheets as a duvet cover and not even anchoring them. We ended up tossing the duvet on the floor and just slept with the top sheet because it was giving me horrendous anxiety trying to keep everything together. The pillows were also so fluffy and offered no support.
– Not much storage space for longer trips for clothing. There is ample space but only two drawers for clothes.
– No bath 🙁
None of the cons are deal breakers whatsoever. I will be bringing my own bedding and pillows next time, and maybe a small fan. These are all personal preferences but figured I should mention it anyways. I love this hotel. It is quirky, gorgeous, and overall such a win. They have fresh made cookies in the lobby that are AMAZING. And when I needed cutlery to eat some food I ordered in (because I was sick and couldn’t walk 50 feet without almost throwing up and passing out) they went above and beyond to get it for me. I feel like I am home when I am here. They treat you like family. You are in great hands at the Adara
Within steps of all the attractions , this boutique hotel offers modern guest rooms and services. Adara Hotel features a seasonal outdoor pool as well as a year-round hot tub with views of Whistler Mountain.
Adara Hotel Whistler Amenities
Pets allowed on request. Charges may apply.